Wednesday, August 23, 2006

how does it feel?

summer is winding down, and with it comes a sense of apprehension. an august sense of anticipation, muggy and thick.

last week both of my sisters were home and krispin got back from china. it was a great week, but only emphasized the troubles with loving people. people, especially those in my life, are never stationary. i have to start preparing for a perpetual state of missing people. i know, i know, i should be used to this by now. but i guess i'm not.

i am sick and tired of trying to balance everything in my life and then guiltily comeing to the throne of god to make sure that it is okay with him. something is dreadfully off in my life, because i hardly ever feel content, despite my wonderful life. so i'm scrapping it. my life plans, i mean. from here on out, i'll just do whatever the father says. i'm awfully glad he talks to me and has given me fantastic people in my life and he has also given me christ who intercedes on my behalf.

the other day in church i was having one epiphany after the other, and i decided that i sort of want to be a charismatic again. i had a bad taste of it in my mouth thanks to a former bible college that was a bit too severe in its theology but that taste is beginning to fade. i want to flow, to feel, to discern, to let go of me and mine more often.

i remember as a kid, my mom would take me to all of these tiny little charismatic vineyard churches in square concrete rooms. i remember watching in awe as people sang loudly and full of joy, as overweight women danced around waving flags, as children like myself sat quietly and absorbed the excitement of church.

i feel like that scrawny, blonde-haired kid again. i'm just sitting here, waiting quietly, absorbing the excitement of a life that i am not in charge of.

5 comments:

Travis said...

"absorbing the excitement of a life that i am not in charge of" I can understand that.. except without the excitement part of course. Well put though.

Lo said...

be charismatic. you have my support.

lindsay anne said...

and children like myself sat and scowled with skepticism.

I guess thats the difference between you and I, sis.

But I do have a secret fondness for the charismatic. All those churches mom dragged us into may have been weird, but there was something special about it.

Krispin Mayfield said...

Today, Candyce and I drove around Clackamas listening to Skillet wondering if we were missing out on something, by not being charasmatic. Apparently I've found a new thing to be annoying and creepy about besides the age difference; but this won't go as far. Just as far as Salem.

It is great to be able to just get on a computer and read your blog again. It is one of the many reasons my conversation with my mom tonight ended this way:
"I know I'm rambling, and I need to stop, but I just cannot explain how wonderful my life is right now. I am happy."

mexicandyce said...

i dont know what krispin is talking about. am i annoying?
ah well.
well, the truth is, i miss you like hell, and it does my heart good to know that you still have ywam spirit in you. deep down, you and i are charasmatic. there is no denying it. its in our blood. we may have seen the ugly side of it, but there is a terrifyingly beautiful side to it too. a side that christians have not yet screwed up. its pure and i dont think anyone will ever be able to completely understand it. just know, its glorious.