Wednesday, November 15, 2006

are you a sleeper?

its so windy that little gladys shakes and shudders and i can't help but get a thrill when i see the yellow leaves in a brown whirlwind whipping by my face but i hate my hair and when will it be long enough so that little pieces won't fly and hit me in my mouth and why is it the only time i stop to be grateful these days is when nature hits me hard enough to stumble, and i have to say thanks to christ.
it's been a glorious fall.
the charlie brown thanksgiving special was lame, and i think all little kids know it. the book of first peter is amazing and convicting. people are extremely troubled and hopeful, usually at the same time. i don't know what to say anymore. i'm trying to change the way i think these days.
bring on thankfulness! bring on christmas music! bring on family! bring on well-written 20 page papers, somali day at chuck e' cheese, boyfriends who write poetry, clean bedroom floors, and real communion with god!

i just got tired all of the sudden. in a good way.

4 comments:

Lo said...

i love you.

mexicandyce said...

somali day at chuck E. cheeses? where was I?
oy. your blog made this day so much better.

Anonymous said...

i too am learning that trouble and hope are a destined tragic pair.

i'd rather be troubled with hope than comfortable and sad!
gy

lindsay anne said...

aw I like your blog so much.
and christmas music.
how I love christmas music.