Saturday, December 30, 2006

did you know you would be my savior?

well, i know i've been lame. don't remind me. enough with your snarky little comments, krispin, i haven't seen you blogging very much either. the days are too full, literally and figuratively, and i just want to nap with all of my family surrounding me.
christmas was wonderful this year.
my family are fantastic, and i loved all of the strays that came our way this year. krispin has been staying at my house, which is fun for all of us and a bit overwhelming for him (he described me and my two sisters as "vain". he just doesn't understand the joys of talking about one's appearence). and then dave came over for christmas day and it was like he was an honorary strannigan. and then we went to the somali's apartment and majuma looked happy, really happy, for maybe two seconds. and i was thrilled to my bones, and it was as every christmas should be. i was blessed unbelievably by my parents, and then we were all able to bless others.
my sisters are leaving soon and the sadness is starting to come.
but life moves on, christmas the day came and went, and i still know why the day means so much to me.
i am free, i am redeemed.
merry christmas ya'll.

3 comments:

Krispin Mayfield said...

I did not say the word 'vain.' I love it when you blog, and I loved this one. I concur, this has been a good Christmas.

Lo said...

i think you're neat, danielle.

Trippe said...

you said, y'all. That's cool.