Friday, March 17, 2006

an ode to trippe's car.

most of you who read this probably don't know trippe but i do and i love his car. this afternoon i was riding in it, and it was a messed-up portland march day. black rainclouds, sunshine, rainbows--the works. we drove past the industrial part of town and swerved through traffic. trippe likes his dylan and cash loud, and he was smoking a sweet-smelling something or other. i was quiet, and it felt so good. i don't even really know why, but i felt like myself. to be quiet. to enjoy without neccessarily making the half-hearted remarks.
so there it is. my ode to trippe's car.

as soon as i got out of the car i was immedietly bothered. why should it feel so delicous and freeing to be myself? i guess it's because i rarely am. i asked god what he wanted me to focus on for this year, my 22nd, and he told me this: dependency. he wants me to depend on people, in the best sense possible.

well, i don't want to depend on any of you. you are always letting me down. i don't know how to depend with expecting too much, to love without putting myself first.

thank goodness it's the weekend and i can get some semblence of rest. i'm off to go try on bridesmaid dresses and eat pasta. while watching a romantic comedy, natch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silence is definitely golden—I'm glad you're enjoying this treasure!

Lo said...

there's nothing like feeling like yourself. it's feeling like i love myself the way i am. it's too bad it doesn't happen that often, huh.

Travis said...

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll need it. I plan on taking breaks in between to read smaller books, so I don't get bored. Have you read any of the other Russian "classics"?