Sunday, May 07, 2006

one legit, and five non-legit, secrets.


yeah.

sometimes i also feel like sitting in my room and staring out at the gray day when in all actuality there are three papers that i need to be writing at this exact moment.
sometimes i also feel like shaving my head.
sometimes i also feel like walking in to the john g. mitchell library and singing my favorite song really loud and then taking a nap right in the middle of the stacks, on the third floor, right next to the cheesy christian romantic paperbacks.
sometimes i also feel like i have social anxiety disorder, but i have just recently realized that my personal fears are nowhere near as insane (sorry, but it's true) as other peoples. this makes me feel a bit better.
sometimes i still wish i was in a rockabilly band.

this is not a secret: my life is wonderful.

3 comments:

Krispin Mayfield said...

So which is secret is the legit one? This sort of reminds me of Sesame Street, you know, "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong..."

If you don't know what I'm talking about - if you've forgotten, that's okay. I suppose it has been longer since you've watched it, than it has been for me.

Or you don't have a mother who sings a song for every single thing, and sings that one at least once every year.

lindsay anne said...

oh, believe me...we are familiar with that song. and MANY other sesame street songs. (and do not insinuate that we are too old!". I could sing you the "Hard workin Dog" song, or the "Around, around, around, around, OVER, under, and THROUGH!" song -- or the "one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven tw-el-el-el-ve!"

oh snap.

Krispin Mayfield said...

)