Wednesday, October 11, 2006

blame puberty.

wednesdays are the new blog days.

not only because i have the evening free, but because i am unusually reflective on wednesday afternoons.

today i had a meltdown of sorts. well, it really just entailed me lying on my bedroom floor in a patch of sunlight with my dog circling my head and me begging christ to take away my stress. but the more i thought about it, the more i realized i wasn't stressed. instead, i was afraid.

i'm afraid that i don't have the money i need to pay the lady i hit on saturday. i'm afraid that i will never have a job that i like and that pays well enough. i am afraid of an absolutely empty bank account. i am afraid that i am being half-assed in all of my classes. i am afraid of every assignment, because i know i need to be better. i am afraid of relationships. i am afraid of being dependent on people. i am afraid that god is mad at me, or at least annoyed. i am afraid that i am dissapointing everybody.

but, today was another day with the somali's. we went to the park, and the only thing i taught today was the mechanics behind swinging. once the girls figured out how to do it themselves, they were ecstatic. and then we played on the merry-go-round, the monkey bars, the slide, and the teeter-totter. i was in awe, as usual, at their boundless joy and enthusiasm. i know how horrible their lives can be, but they bounce back so quickly. little kids are resiliant things. and then i was envious. they tried to teach me how to do flips on the bars, but i couldn't do it. have you ever noticed how amazingly agile little kids are? ever since i turned 13 i have progressively felt heavier, sturdier, and thicker.

i curse puberty.

anyways, i need to get back to my mounds of schoolwork. but it is fall, the most romantic time of the year, and i have a four day weekend. what glory!

i shall be grateful.

3 comments:

Lo said...

you. oh my gosh, you.

mexicandyce said...

i now look foward to every wednesday.
phew, i love you.

Krispin Mayfield said...

I feel horrible that I always read your blogs days and days later; especially because I love them so much, and especially because for some reason I check your mom's blog like every three days.

It was a glorious weekend. So glorious.