Wednesday, October 04, 2006

the others

i'm tired, but i see the light at the end of the tunnel. today i prayed with an old friend, sprawled out on the carpet. i couldn't get up. i feel hopelessly inadequte, and guilt is a constant plague.

but then today i went and sat in majuma and hassan's apartment, i helped cook food for the ramadan feast, and then i sat on the couch to help the girls with their homework. hassan lay curled on the bed, sick and dying, with only a sheet to cover him. majuma was lying on the mattress next to my couch, sick with a headache, and hungry from the fasting. halima crawled up into my lap and promptly fell asleep herself. i laid my head back and soaked in the stillness for 15 minutes.

right now i am watching lost by myself, something i swore i would never do again, and i am working on a grammatical analysis of ephesians chapters 1-3. basically, it's all about the will of God in Christ.

i cry with people, i miss my family, i miss people i see everyday but only in shallow contexts, i hate my job and might actually quit this time, i feel like doing pilates on a more consistent basis, i'm experiencing the ups and downs of being in love, i'm falling asleep ever earlier, and my cat let me cuddle with it today.

thats about it, really.

3 comments:

lindsay anne said...

I'm tired and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. and I watched LOST last night with 15 people, tho I think it would have been much better had I just watched it with you.

I miss you more than usual. and I usually miss you a lot.

Lo said...

i find solace in every blog you write.

Krispin Mayfield said...

solace is pronounced far too much like the name of a king in the Old Testament that preceeded David.

I wish I remembered that sometimes you actually do blog, and looked at this more often. I love your writing to the same extent that Laura is far too violent.