Saturday, May 05, 2007

they'll be shouting on the hills of glory, shouting on the hills of god

so i lost my car, my phone, and my financial aid from multnomah in the space of ten days.
it was a rough week.
but, here are the good news:

1. my parents are giving me a car! yeah, it is a lovely and comfortable camry, very suburban and work casual, complete with several scratches that i put on it several years ago. i am so excited and overwhelmed.

2. somebody found my phone! i lost it at mt. tabor, and although it has taken a week, i talked to a girl yesterday who found it. so i should be getting it today. what a weird world.

3. tearing up in the financial aid office does a little bit of good, evidently. when they told me they had cut my aid by over 2/3's, i was at a loss. i refuse to go into debt. i refuse to believe that they did this on purpose knowing that this was my last semester at multnomah.
frankly, i was just upset at the entire institution.
but i got an e-mail yesterday saying that they were just going to go ahead and give me some more money. it's not as much as i was getting, but still . . . it's something.


there you go. i've been taken care of again.

other things:
i got my little promotion at work, krispin bought me roses, i don't have to work or go to school today, there is folk music on right now (thank you KBOO on saturday mornings! i love you!), and this semester will soon be something i laugh about as:
"well, that was a rough time, wasn't it? man, i'm sure glad that's over. mmmm, yeah.
life lessons learned."

3 comments:

mexicandyce said...

things are looking up, sis. things are looking up. i miss you dearly.

shawnalyne said...

I can't remember the last time I was bored, can you?

Krispin Mayfield said...

It took me a year...but I did it!