Sunday, February 05, 2006

superbowl xxxx


tonight i went to imago by myself and i didn't want to. everything i have done lately has been by myself, and not voluntarily so. i don't understand this, and i feel terrified that god wants to teach me some sort of lesson. i feel like telling him that i don't think i will ever get it.
tonight i went to imago by myself and christ ministered to me. the pastor read and spoke from romans 7-8, and i was like a person dying of thirst, drinking in the words and the message. usually, my heart is too callused to respond in this way. i felt the love of god, and it wasn't emotional at all.
tonight i went to a movie by myself, and i made it an adventure. it was at this little house off of division and 43 called the artistry and i walked inside and there was nobody there and i wandered through all these corridors and finally stumbled apon the room where they were showing the (free) movie. there was a man in a squeaky yellow recliner and he had really big, curly hair. i could barely read the subtitles of the film. the film was called "turtles can fly" and it was from iran/iraq (yes, both places). it wrecked me. in the best sense possible.
tonight i was grateful to experience the love of christ for myself and for people halfway around the world.

No comments: